Monday, August 13, 2012

I Hate My Clothes - Day 2

August 13, 2012

One of the things I HATE about being on the "old" road to obesity is my clothes! It is bad enough to be called morbidly obese, but then to have to dress all that up so I don't look or feel morbidly obese is insanely awful and ridiculously crazy. For the most part men like me have to wear over sized shirts and baggy, unnatural fitting pants. I go for the Hawaiian shirt, partly for my job as a PE teacher, and for the easy and comfort of hiding the real shape of my body from the eyes of the world. I don't usually button my shirts up but rather wear a t-shirt underneath my Hawaiians. With all these layers I do feel a little more normal sized but it is HOT. I truly don't like being hot. However, the alternative is to ditch the t-shirt and button up the shirt.

Sorry, no matter how comfortable you are, a fat man should not have his bare chest and belly hanging out!


Now don't get me wrong, I love my Hawaiian shirts and will continue to wear them once I achieve my goals. But I have this nasty image in my mind of a very obese man wearing a Hawaiian shirt that looks too small on him-YUCK! Oh, if only they would button up and not look so small.

It is sad that my wardrobe is limited to fat clothes. I would prefer normal sized, loose fitting clothes. The reason for this is because loose fitting clothes keep me cooler. For this reason I ppersonally hate tight fitting clothes. However, the day will come when my wardrobe will contain many kinds of clothes (minus the fat clothes). The one thing I look forward to with great anticipation is when I can wear a pair of jeans that fit properly and a t-shirt. No over shirts, no Hawaiian shirts . . . just jeans and a t-shirt! Dressing couldn't be easier or more comfortable.

I joined a gym today and will share with you my experience tomorrow.